среда, 24 мая 2017 г.

The Birds: Origami Nursery Decor


What qualities do you look for in a baby mobile? Bright colors? Blinky lights? Movement?
How about something an adult might actually enjoy looking at?


That was my challenge: I wanted to make a baby mobile that wasn't too babyish. Because at the end of the day, the fact is that I'm going to spend a lot more time looking at it than she is.
I was inspired by my sister-in-law, who made thousands of origami cranes as decorations for her wedding. I was able to snag a handful and save them for this project.


diy birds origami nursery decor, bedroom ideas, crafts




I stained and sealed 3 different-sized embroidery hoops, then hung the birds from the hoops using invisible thread. Instead of blinky lights, I added mirrored beads to the bottom of each bird for a little extra sparkle.


diy birds origami nursery decor, bedroom ideas, crafts




The big crystals in the middle of each embroidery hoop were originally for more sparkle, but I discovered the added weight also helps stabilize the hoops. The crystals are attached with 8-pound fishing line, which runs through the hoops and all the way up to the ceiling, where each hoop is hung from its own Command hook.


diy birds origami nursery decor, bedroom ideas, crafts




The result is a sparkly, colorful mobile that appears to float in midair over the crib. The paper cranes are light enough that they move gently in the air currents of the house, which makes it more interesting for a baby, right?
But I don't mind admitting, I'm a little jealous I don't have one over my own bed.


diy birds origami nursery decor, bedroom ideas, crafts





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11950947/diy-birds-origami-nursery-decor site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий