среда, 18 февраля 2015 г.

Gather up Bits and Pieces of Rope & Try This Rope Tree.


I adore the rope Christmas trees on HomeTalk and wanted to try one. Then the idea of a different rope tree came to me in the middle of the night. I thought it would be hard to create the look a envisioned but it was really simple.
This little tree might stay around even after the holidays! It might even look great with summer sailboats, and seashells! Let me know your thoughts.


Here's what I gathered to make my shaggy rope Christmas tree. Sisal rope in 3/8" size, a wood circle, a 12 inch skewer, craft glue, and scissors. Also a drill with a bit the same size as the skewer.


christmas tree decoration out of bits of rope, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor




I cut pieces of rope in gradual smaller sizes. The list of sizes is on the website. I frayed the ends for the shaggy look.


christmas tree decoration out of bits of rope, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor




A hole was drilled in the middle of the wood circle and the skewer glued standing straight up. The largest pieces of rope were skewered on and pushed to the bottom.


christmas tree decoration out of bits of rope, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor




The pieces of rope were added in a crossing pattern over and over to the top.


christmas tree decoration out of bits of rope, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor




I added a glittery paper star to the top for Christmas. I plan on removing the star and keeping the shaggy rope tree around for awhile.


christmas tree decoration out of bits of rope, christmas decorations, crafts, seasonal holiday decor





Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/11951043/christmas-tree-decoration-out-of-bits-of-rope site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий