четверг, 26 февраля 2015 г.

Adding a Mantel to a Stone Fireplace Adds Some Real Character

The stone fireplace in our new home was plain with dated brass fireplace screen and andirons. Since my decorating style is more Primitive, I wanted to change it.


I used a High Heat black paint and painted the fireplace screen and andirons.


adding a mantel to a stone fireplace adds some real character, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels, Before picture with brass andirons screen


I found this mantel at a local consignment shop for $50. I secured it to the stone by attaching a 2 x 4 to the stone first then screwed the mantel securely to the 2 x 4 from the top.


adding a mantel to a stone fireplace adds some real character, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels


I toned down the white paint with Valspar Antiquing Wax. First, I used a clear wax so I had more control over the amount of the dark wax and it makes it easier to rub off.


adding a mantel to a stone fireplace adds some real character, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels



adding a mantel to a stone fireplace adds some real character, concrete masonry, fireplaces mantels, After picture with mantel decorated


Original article and pictures take http://www.hometalk.com/12160641/adding-a-mantel-to-a-stone-fireplace-adds-some-real-character site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий